- Policy Memos
|Memo Status : Active||Notes : References DSCA Policy 11-12, 11-01, 10-69, 10-68|
DEFENSE SECURITY COOPERATION AGENCY
MEMORANDUM FOR :
DEPUTY UNDER SECRETARY OF THE AIR FORCE FOR INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
DEPUTY ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE ARMY FOR DEFENSE EXPORTS AND COOPERATION
DEPUTY ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE NAVY FOR INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS
DIRECTOR, DEFENSE CONTRACT MANAGEMENT AGENCY
DIRECTOR FOR SECURITY ASSISTANCE, DEFENSE FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING SERVICE - INDIANAPOLIS OPERATIONS
DIRECTOR, DEFENSE INFORMATION SYSTEMS AGENCY
DIRECTOR, DEFENSE LOGISTICS AGENCY
DIRECTOR, DEFENSE LOGISTICS INFORMATION SERVICE
DIRECTOR, DEFENSE LOGISTICS AGENCY DISTRIBUTION SERVICES
DIRECTOR, DEFENSE THREAT REDUCTION AGENCY
DIRECTOR, NATIONAL GEOSPATIAL- INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
DEPUTY DIRECTOR FOR INFORMATION ASSURANCE, NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY
Fiscal Year 2011 Afghanistan Security Forces Fund (ASFF) Code "G6," Section 1206 Global Train and Equip Program Code "H2," and Coalition Readiness Support Program (CRSP) Code "E7," DSCA Policy 11-29, [SAMM E-Change 184]
This memorandum revises referenced memoranda and provides guidance for tracking funds appropriated by the Department of Defense (DoD) and Full Year Continuing Appropriations Act (CAA), 2011, Public Law (P.L.) 112-10, used to support FY11 ASFF (G6), Section 1206 (H2), and CRSP (E7) Letter of Offer and Acceptance (LOA) documents. P.L. 112-10, signed on April 15, 2011, provides FY11 funding for specified programs, and must now be cited in FY11 G6, H2, and E7 LOA documents in any stage of development.
|Program||Code||Authority||Purpose||Fund Source||Expire FY||Cancel FY|
|ASFF||G6||P.L. 111-383, P.L. 112-10||To provide assistance to the military and security forces of Afghanistan||21-11/12-2091||2012||2017|
|1206||H2||P.L. 109-163, as amended, P.L. 112-10||Build the capacity of foreign military forces||97-1-0100 (Defense-wide O&M)||2011||2016|
|CRSP||E7||P.L. 112-10||Provide specialized training, supplies and equipment for loan on a non-reimbursable basis to coalition forces||97-X-0100 FY 2011 (Defense-wide O&M)||N/A||N/A|
Attached are instructions for preparing FY11 ASFF (G6), Section 1206 (H2), and CRSP (E7) LOAs. Reference the FY11 program information provided above when using the instructions. The Case Writing Division (CWD) has updated and will apply the following standard case notes to reflect the P.L. 112-10 appropriation: Authority for Sale; Case Closure; Funds Expiration, Purpose, Availability and Amount; and Title and Custody Transfer. Instructions for preparation of CRSP LOAs using FY08, FY09, or FY10 funds are provided in reference B and remain unchanged.
All FY11 ASFF (G6) and Section 1206 (H2) LOAs must be implemented and funds must be obligated by midnight, September 30, of the expiring FY. All G6 and H2 cases should be fully expended, reconciled and closed on or before July 31, of the canceling FY.
FY11 CRSP (E7) funds are non-expiring and there is no time restriction on funds obligation or expenditure; the Funds Expiration, Purpose, Availability and Amount note will be updated to reflect this. Implementing Agencies are encouraged to have all FY11 E7 cases fully expended, reconciled and closed on or before July 31, 2016.
All implemented FY11 ASFF (G6), Section 1206 (H2), and CRSP (E7) cases must be reviewed prior to closure, and modified as necessary, to ensure they correctly reflect the DoD and Full Year CAA, 2011, P.L. 112-10 appropriation and program funds expiration.
The following information will be updated in SAMM Table C4.T2 on the automated version of the SAMM found on the DSCA Web Page as SAMM E-Change 184:
|National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 (Public Law 111-383) and Department of Defense and Full Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 (Public Law 112-10) for Afghanistan Security Forces Fund (ASFF)||G6||CE||NR||AECA Only||N/A|
|National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2006 (Public Law 109-163), as amended, and Department of Defense and Full Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 (Public Law 112-10) for Section 1206 programs||H2||NR||NR||AECA Only||N/A|
|Coalition Readiness Support Program (CRSP) for Fiscal Years 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011||E7||NR||NR||No||N/A|
If you have any questions concerning this guidance please contact Ms. Marie Kokotajlo, DSCA-STR/POL, firstname.lastname@example.org, (703) 604-1107, or Ms. Michele Kennedy, DSCA-DBO/FPIO, email@example.com, (703) 604-6578.
Instructions for Preparing FY11 ASFF, Section 1206, and CRSP LOAs
Contracts to carry out a pseudo LOA may not rely on Title 10 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 2304 (c) (4), implemented by the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 6.302-4, International Agreement (directed source), as authority to award using other than full and open competition. Any sole source purchases must be justified and approved in accordance with other statutory authority found in Title 10 U.S.C. using procedures applicable to United States Government appropriated-funded purchases.
|Instructions for Preparing a FY11 ASFF, Section 1206, and CRSP LOAs|
1. Case Identifier. Enter the unique case identifier assigned by DSCA (Strategy Directorate). This will be composed of the Program Code, the single digit Implementing Agency code of the DoD Component providing the support, and a three-letter case designator.
2. Purchaser's Reference. Enter "Based on funds provided and the written request from [enter Program Originator's name (e.g., Department of State, Combatant Commands) and the LOR/MOR reference number] to the Defense Security Cooperation Agency, dated [insert date of request]."
3. Nickname Field. Enter the Benefitting Country, the Program (and Activity, for ASFF), the Authority, and then the text "(non-FMS)" (e.g., "Bandaria, 1206, PL 109-163, as amd, PL 112-10 (non-FMS)"). If multiple countries are benefitting on the LOA, list the Country Codes before entering the Program. Note: ASFF has four Activities that receive LOA support: Afghanistan National Army (ANA), Afghanistan National Police (ANP), Related Activities (RA), and Contributions (CTRB).
4. Offer Expiration Date (OED). The OED should be no later than the last date the funds are required to ensure they will be obligated prior to expiring. Any case with an OED which is earlier than 60 days out must include a Short OED note.
5. Terms of Sale. Select "Cash With Acceptance."
6. Authority Field. This field only appears in DSAMS.
7. Authority Fiscal Year. Select "FY 2011." This field only appears in DSAMS.
8. S1 Description Field. Enter the Benefitting Country's country or activity code (use the Program Code, if more than one country is benefitting) followed by a dash, and then a short description of the articles and services being provided. (This field allows no more than 45 characters.)
9. Purchaser Mailing Address (on the Distribution Tab of the DSAMS Case Detail window). Select "Department of Defense."
10. Customer Signatory Name. Enter the Authority and then enter "(Non-FMS - No Purchaser Signature Required)."
11. Benefitting Country. Select the Benefitting Country for each line.
12. Description/Condition Field. For each line item, select the applicable Military Articles and Services List (MASL). Contact DSCA (Business Operations) to receive new MASLs.
13. Delivery Term Code. Select DTC 7 or 9, whichever will provide shipment all the way into the Benefitting Country. Contact DSCA (Strategy) for approval to use any other DTC.