DEFENSE SECURITY COOPERATION AGENCY
MEMORANDUM FOR :
DEPUTY UNDER SECRETARY OF THE AIR FORCE
FOR INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
DEPUTY ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE ARMY
FOR DEFENSE EXPORTS AND COOPERATION
DEPUTY ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE NAVY
FOR INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS
DIRECTOR, DEFENSE CONTRACT MANAGEMENT AGENCY
DIRECTOR FOR SECURITY ASSISTANCE,
DEFENSE FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING SERVICE - INDIANAPOLIS OPERATIONS
DIRECTOR, DEFENSE INFORMATION SYSTEMS AGENCY
DIRECTOR, DEFENSE LOGISTICS AGENCY
DIRECTOR, DEFENSE LOGISTICS INFORMATION SERVICE
DIRECTOR, DEFENSE REUTILIZATION AND MARKETING SERVICE
DIRECTOR, DEFENSE THREAT REDUCTION AGENCY
DIRECTOR, NATIONAL GEOSPATIAL - INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
DEPUTY DIRECTOR FOR INFORMATION ASSURANCE,
NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY
Revision of Security Assistance Management Manual (SAMM) Lease Closure Process, DSCA Policy 09-59 [SAMM E-Change 154]
This memorandum updates Table C11.T18. of the SAMM with revised procedures to simplify the process for lease closure using the Defense Security Assistance Management System (DSAMS). As this change is administrative in nature and can be implemented in DSAMS now, it is effective immediately and will be included in the on-line version of the SAMM found on the DSCA Web Page.
For questions relating to lease processes, please contact Oz Sanborn, DSCA/PGM/BPC, at 703-601-3718 or e-mail: Oz.Sanborn@dsca.mil. For general questions concerning the SAMM, please contact Mike Slack, STR/POL, Michael.Slack@dsca.mil, (703) 601-3842. Implementing agencies should ensure dissemination to supporting activities. Updates to the SAMM are posted regularly at www.dsca.mil/SAMM/.
Security Assistance Management Manual (SAMM), E-Change 154
In Step 5 of Table C11.T18. of the SAMM, both instances of the sentence, "E-mails submitting packages for countersignature must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org." are revised to read:
"Lease packages for countersignature must be submitted to: Lease Program Manager (PGM/BPC), Defense Security Cooperation Agency, 201 12th Street South, Suite 203, Arlington, VA 22202-5408"
- Step 13 of Table C11.T18. of the SAMM is deleted and replaced with the text below which updates the process for lease closure:
The Implementing Agency or DSCA may require a certificate of delivery (Figure C11.F16.) when a leased item(s) is provided to the lessee. The Implementing Agency is responsible for tracking and monitoring the lease to ensure conditions of the lease agreement are followed. These responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain a record of all items including associated tools, ground support equipment and other materiel to be recovered at the end of the lease
- Ensure monitoring of the defense articles during the period of the lease
- Advise DSCA of non-compliance by the lessee
- Ensure that the appropriate rental payment schedule is maintained
- Ensure that all related costs are recovered under FMS procedures
- Report the status of each lease on a quarterly basis
- Ensure that prior to lease expiration the lease is either being prepared properly for closure, extended via Amendment, or if it has reached the 60-month limit, renewed in the form of a new lease
- Ensure that the leased materiel is returned by the lessee
- Ensure proper disposition of the defense article(s) upon expiration or termination of the lease and restoration to its original condition, in accordance with the terms of the lease
The Implementing Agency will enter the delivery and equipment return dates in DSAMS. When all required data has been entered, DSAMS automatically notifies DFAS Indianapolis that the lease is ready for closure. DFAS Indianapolis will reconcile the financial information and close the lease in DIFS, which will then automatically close the lease in DSAMS.
Figure C11.F17. "Lease Closure Information" is deleted in its entirety, as are references to it, and subsequent figures and references to them are renumbered as required.
- Throughout C11.10., the revised addresses below should be substituted for all instances of the following referenced addresses:
Current Revised DFAS Denver DFAS Indianapolis Defense Finance and Accounting Service - Denver, ATTN: DFAS-JY/DE, 6760 E. Irvington Place, Denver, CO 80279-2000 Defense Finance and Accounting Service - Indianapolis ATTN: Security Assistance Accounting, DFAS-JAX/IN 8899 E. 56th Street Indianapolis, IN 46249-0230 DFAS-JY/DE Agency DFAS-JAX/IN Agency DFAS-JDT/DE, P.O. Box 173659, Denver, CO 80217-3659 DFAS, 3801 Center Collections DFAS-JAX/IN, P.O. Box 269490, Indianapolis, IN 46226-9490